Opening up a startup is indeed a risky process but it is a lot safer than being stuck in the same desk for years on end and thinking of how different things could have been. What makes Australia the best place to launch a startup is that it has a lot of tech-savvy markets and venture capital, – not to forget the generous incentives provided by the government. Entrepreneurship is not apt for one and all, but in Australia, every one among three wants to have their own startup.
The startup culture in Australia has a very hip vibe as the people over there understand the essence of entrepreneurship and how it helps in upgrading the economy in the most perfect manner possible. Even though the VC and the seed funding is very confined, yet the Australians tend to find their own way of coming up with the required capital for their business. Right now, Sydney and Melbourne are competing at breakneck speed to take the crown of the most efficient startup launch. The startup culture is also picking up quite fast in Canberra. A lot of small and large business units are having a talk with the coworking spaces so that they can build a strong community of entrepreneurship. Coworking spaces in Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast have also grown in numbers. It is still small as compared to the USA, but still, it is progressing and that too at a fair good speed as well. The startup culture in Australia is based on marketing which uses intrinsic online methods, but the PR and the customer service is more manual than tech based. The working hours depends on the place and the type of unit that you are setting up. While some may work for 5 hours a day, others can work for 2 hours as well.
Coworking in Australia
The coworking spaces have not been around for long in Australia and in fact, the most reputed and oldest coworking spot in Australia has not crossed a decade at all. The coworking culture in Australia has been created to provide ample support to the ever-growing startups and the freelance working individuals. Right now, these coworking spaces are the most used ones by numerous individuals. Other cities where a number of coworking spaces have come up include Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane.
The kind of facilities these coworking spaces offer at very lucrative for all budding entrepreneurs. The main point of uniqueness isn’t the kind of appealing community structure and the brilliant minds comprised by the same. For all freelancers, working from home is an option but the monotony is sure to drive them crazy. These coworking communities are sure to make the work interesting and interactive at the same time. The rates of these zones are affordable inclusive of all facilities as well so that they are feasible for all.
Why Australian Startups Prefer Coworking Spaces?
Most people in Australia are finding new ways to break the conventions and find workstations with non-traditional settings. For a new entrepreneur, working from home might seem to be a feasible thing to do but then the individual will be devoid of all the facilities and the interactive session that a community can give. Here are some of the reasons why the majority of Australian cities like Sydney & Melbourne tend to operate from coworking spaces.
- One of the biggest aspects of coworking is that you can work during flexible timings and that too at affordable rates.
- It gives a professional space to the entrepreneur so that he or she can have their client meets in a professional ambience.
- This spot gives you the best way to network with others and has an in-depth knowledge about the diverse range of professions.
- Motivation is what you can get immensely from these coworking zones. This is because of the fact that here many are present with their success stories so that they can inspire others with the same.
- Easy access to high profile potential clients – in all of the coworking spaces in Australia, you can get to see a pool of talent and thus you can get to have potential clients from there itself.
- You get to enjoy an array of facilities – starting from free coffee to furnished, well-decorated office spaces to free parking, you just have to name it and the facility will be yours.
In a nutshell, the aforementioned reasons are ample to prove why 72% of the Australians love to have their setup at coworking spaces.
Also, Check out = Sydney Angels and how they are contributing to the startup culture in Australia.