Unfortunately, many people see targeting as a magic pill and blame poor targeting experts for wasting their budget. Today we want to help you figure out whether this position is correct.
Many businessmen hire specialists to promote social media accounts, but this does not work well. Marketers end up just to buy Instagram followers, and without that they can’t do anything. So what’s the reason the ad isn’t working?
And Now, Point by Point:
- Not a ready-made page to launch ads. It is highly likely that people who are interested in the proposal on the advertising layout will come to the page with a couple of posts, without Highlights and with low-quality visuals, but will immediately leave. The reasons may be different: they will not find the information they need, the visual of the layout is irrelevant to the page, they did not like the visual, and so on. In such cases, SMM specialists can only buy real Instagram followers and hope that at least these people will not leave the account after a minute.
- Rare content publishing. This point is very related to the point above. At least 8-10 Stories per day and 2-3 posts per week should be, so that you do not disappear from the Instagram algorithms.
- Poor communication with the audience. For example, disrespectful answers when users ask for a price, as well as very long direct answers to questions. If you have not responded to the application within half an hour, well, maximum an hour, this is a lost application.
- Errors in the technical part of advertising settings. This includes the wrong choice of the target of the advertising campaign, the audience.
- Small ADs budget. In order to understand whether a hypothesis works or not, you need to scroll through the ad so that it can learn and show the first results, so you need a good advertising budget. Which? This is individual and depends on the project.
- Outdated layouts. Everything changes very quickly in advertising and layouts that were in demand a couple of months ago no longer work.
- Seasonality. The product may simply not be in demand in a given period of time.
- Poor TA analysis. Without competent in-depth marketing analysis of the audience, it is impossible to make a good advertisement, therefore all layouts and theses will go nowhere.
- Repetition of competitors’ mistakes. As a rule, start-up companies do not analyze the market in their area and do not know what mistakes other companies make. By taking the time to study the ups and downs of your competitors, you can borrow good ideas from them and memorize their mistakes.
In this article, we’ve covered the main reasons why ads might not work. And, as you can see, the targetologist is not always to blame. Thunderclap might give you further perspective about Instagram.
If you have not tried using the services of specialists or setting up advertising for your project, then you should work with a professional targeting specialist and consult on how to study the market and draw up an advertising strategy.